Please click here for the full SD52 Back to School Communicable Disease Plan – January 11, 2022 update
Please click here for the full SD52 Back to School Communicable Disease Plan – January 3, 2022 update V2
Please click here for the full SD52 Back to School Communicable Disease Plan – August 24 2021
The health and safety of all students, staff and school communities is our top priority. The Prince Rupert School District is continuing to take direction from the Ministry of Education and Northern Health Authority with regards to the novel coronavirus.
Sep 22 Daily Health Check Students- Printable Document
Click here for full document: Choices for Parents/Guardians in British Columbia for Educating Their Children
*Please note that Remote Learning Offered in Spring 2020 due to COVID-19, will not be offered as an option for this school year.
Individual School Restart Plans:
Please refer to the “Restart Plan & Exposure Control Plan for COVID-19” post on our district main page.
Kids Help Phone at 1-800-668-6868 provides kids and teens access to a professional counsellor by phone to discuss their issue or concern 24 hours a day.
Kids Help Phone provides online information and services in a format (design and language) aimed at kids and teens. Topics covered include being me, bullying, dating, emotional health, family, feelings, friendship, the Internet, LGBTQ, money, my body, physical health, school, sexting, violence and abuse.
Kids Help Phone – Live Chat Counselling provides kids and teens the opportunity to chat online, one-on-one with a professional counsellor. Chat services can be accessed from computer, smartphone or tablet. In British Columbia, chat is available Wednesday to Sunday, from 3pm to 11pm Pacific Standard Time.
You can also TEXT “Connect” to 68686 for support
- Please see the following document for information on student-athletics: COVID 19 Update on Student Athletics – March 17, 2020
- Information about COVID-19, including advice and guidance to schools, is regularly updated on the BC Centre for Disease Control site: http://www.bccdc.ca/Health-Info-Site/Documents/COVID19_schools_childcare_guidelines.pdf Please routinely check this site and its resources.
- All joint statements from Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry and Minister of Health Adrian Dix are posted here: https://news.gov.bc.ca/ministries/health
- The Provincial Pandemic Coordination plan: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/health/about-bc-s-health-care-system/office-of-the-provincial-health-officer/reports-publications/pandemic-provincial-coordination-plan.pdf
- KIDS and COVID-19 QA: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/coronavirus-(novel)#For–schools–and–childcare
- CBC Kids along with the PHO produced a kid-centric Q and A video about COVID-19: https://www.cbc.ca/kidsnews/post/watch-coronavirus-facts-versus-fiction
- Ministry of Health response plans – https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/health/about-bc-s-health-care-system/office-of-the-provincial-health-officer/current-health-topics/pandemic-influenza
- Novel Coronavirus Q&A from HealthLinkBC: https://www.healthlinkbc.ca/health-feature/coronavirus
- BC Centre for Disease Control: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/coronavirus-(novel)
- Government of Canada – Novel Coronavirus in China Travel Health Notice: https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/health-safety/travel-health-notices/210