Contract tracing: What is it and how does it work? It’s a powerful tool to help contain the spread of COVID-19 – and it’s especially important given the recent rise in cases throughout BC…..(Read more in below link)
The health and safety of all students, staff and school communities is our top priority. The Prince Rupert School District is continuing to take direction from the Ministry of Education and Northern Health Authority with regards to the novel coronavirus.
Click here for full document: Choices for Parents/Guardians in British Columbia for Educating Their Children
*Please note that Remote Learning Offered in Spring 2020 due to COVID-19, will not be offered as an option for this school year.
Individual School Restart Plans:
Please refer to the “Restart Plan & Exposure Control Plan for COVID-19” post on our district main page.
To ensure schools are ready to welcome students into classrooms for the week of Sept. 8-11, 2020, there will be a gradual restart to allow extra time to orient students and staff on the new health and safety measures in place.
Starting Sept. 8, all staff will meet with their school’s joint health and safety committee to receive instructions about how the updated guidelines, co-developed with the BC Centre for Disease Control and provincial health officer, will work in their school. This will also allow time for educators and staff to adjust to their new routines, finalize plans for learning groups, review health and safety protocols, and confirm lesson plans that align with the new normal in schools.
Students will be welcomed back to class for orientation by Sept. 10 and will use their orientation time to get familiar with classrooms that will look different than they did before the pandemic. Students will be assigned to their class, find out who is in their learning group, practise their new routines and familiarize themselves with how to safely move from the class to outdoor and common areas of the school.
Plan to safely bring K-12 students back to class full time:
Enhanced safety measures and additional resources will enable most students in grades K-12 to return to school on Sept. 8, 2020, with full-time in-class learning as the province moves to Stage 2 of B.C.’s Education Restart Plan.
Please see the attached link for further information:
Kids Help Phone at 1-800-668-6868 provides kids and teens access to a professional counsellor by phone to discuss their issue or concern 24 hours a day.
Kids Help Phone provides online information and services in a format (design and language) aimed at kids and teens. Topics covered include being me, bullying, dating, emotional health, family, feelings, friendship, the Internet, LGBTQ, money, my body, physical health, school, sexting, violence and abuse.
Kids Help Phone – Live Chat Counselling provides kids and teens the opportunity to chat online, one-on-one with a professional counsellor. Chat services can be accessed from computer, smartphone or tablet. In British Columbia, chat is available Wednesday to Sunday, from 3pm to 11pm Pacific Standard Time.
You can also TEXT “Connect” to 68686 for support
- Please see the following document for information on student-athletics: COVID 19 Update on Student Athletics – March 17, 2020
- Information about COVID-19, including advice and guidance to schools, is regularly updated on the BC Centre for Disease Control site: http://www.bccdc.ca/Health-Info-Site/Documents/COVID19_schools_childcare_guidelines.pdf Please routinely check this site and its resources.
- All joint statements from Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry and Minister of Health Adrian Dix are posted here: https://news.gov.bc.ca/ministries/health
- The Provincial Pandemic Coordination plan: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/health/about-bc-s-health-care-system/office-of-the-provincial-health-officer/reports-publications/pandemic-provincial-coordination-plan.pdf
- KIDS and COVID-19 QA: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/coronavirus-(novel)#For–schools–and–childcare
- CBC Kids along with the PHO produced a kid-centric Q and A video about COVID-19: https://www.cbc.ca/kidsnews/post/watch-coronavirus-facts-versus-fiction
- Ministry of Health response plans – https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/health/about-bc-s-health-care-system/office-of-the-provincial-health-officer/current-health-topics/pandemic-influenza
- Novel Coronavirus Q&A from HealthLinkBC: https://www.healthlinkbc.ca/health-feature/coronavirus
- BC Centre for Disease Control: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/coronavirus-(novel)
- Government of Canada – Novel Coronavirus in China Travel Health Notice: https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/health-safety/travel-health-notices/210